A For Profit., Tenet owned, 300 bed hospital in Rock Hill, SC; Piedmont Medical Center. Managed a 60 day project for the reduction of outpatient Medicare AR.
- Managed a Medicare outpatient AR reduction project, reducing the AR by $4.2M or 62% within 60 days.
- A Non-Profit, faith based 150 bed facility owned by Ancilla Systems in East Saint Louis, Illinois; Saint Mary’s Hospital of East Saint Louis. Completed an Operational Assessment and stayed for one year completing consulting and interim PFS Director responsibilities for the Business Office and Patient Access.
- Reduced aging by 5%,
AR days by 6
- Reduced Medicaid Pending by $400,000
- Found $132,000 in additional Medicare Bad Debt not previously reported
- Outsourced self pay to improve collections and reduce bad debt
- Brought current and reviewed all installment accounts and included with self pay outsourcing to improve collections and create customer friendly billing
- Changed Medicare Bad Debt write off practice to insure compliance
- Found self administered drugs being written off instead of billed to patients. Referred to hospital for correction of chargemaster and procedure as per their request
- Created numerous system optimization opportunities and process improvements
- A Non-Profit, 55 bed, faith based hospital in Brunswick, Maine; Parkview Adventist Medical Center. Stayed for over two years completing an Operational Assessment and providing routine consulting and interim management service for PFS, Patient Access and Medical Records and recruited my replacement.
- Reduced AR days by 26, from a total of 82 to 56 in 6 months and as low as 49 AR days
- Increased average collections by $600,000 monthly
- Reduced bad debt write off to 1.3%
- Created weekly process for bad debt write off and brought current
- Re-contracted with Medicaid eligibility vendor
- Installed Medicare Medical Necessity software
- Installed Electronic Insurance Verification software
- Installed Electronic Billing software
- Created position in Registration to increase pre-admissions, insurance verifications and certifications and control medical necessity screening and physicians orders.
- Changed Medicare Bad Debt write off policy to insure compliance
- Decreased credit balances by $100,000
- Revised statements and statement messages for increased customer service
- Placed a consultant on-site for interim PFS Director and Operational Assessment at northeastern Arkansas community 100 bed hospital with 7 physician medical practice. Engagement managed by the consultant.
- A Non-Profit 700 bed community multi hospital and integrated healthcare system in Lansing, MI with specialty hospital/units LTCH, Rehab and Mental Health; Sparrow Health Systems. Engagement initially was for 3 months but last 16 months as Manager of B/C and Commercial claims (billing and collections/flwup) and Cash Applications for CBO, reporting to the Director.
- Changed facility address on UB to equal lockbox so almost all checks would go direct to lockbox.
- Installed Optical Imaging functionality for patient payments.
- Initiated discussion and research/vendor demonstrations for web based (on-line) patient payment and bill presentment.
- Revised refund process and installed software to automate data transfer to A/P system.
- Implemented appeals and tracking process.
- Decreased automatic rollover to other payer groups/teams and patient pay.
- Revised and updated Managed Care Reimbursement and contract information grid.
- Reduce Cashier position by 1 FTE
- Increased cash posting functions by adding lab adjustments, unapplied cash and changing end of month procedures and priorities.
- Mentored two new supervisors
- Initiated KPI tracking for both billing teams and posted that for Associate to notice.
- Two teams received highest rating of any team within PFS department from employee survey and developed action plans to maintain and improve.
- Blue Cross credits down by $200,000
- Blue Cross AR Days down by 11 or $10M
- Blue Cross aging > 90 days down by 11% to 16.5%
- Commercial credits reduced by $1.2M
- Initiated a shared team file of electronic data for Cash Apps and revised two others
- A For-Profit 34 bed Critical Access Hospital (25 acute, 9 mental health) in Allegan, Michigan, Allegan General Hospital. Currently on assignment as Interim Director for 2-4 months
Copyright 2006 © Receivable Solutions Group, Inc.. All rights reserved.